July 15, 2009

Lately..

* Note: I'm pretty fucking pissed because I just had to re-write this whole post after firefox crashed. My computer is slowly bleeding to death 'n' the hard drive brain is burning out. My fault, but DAMN!


YESTERDAY - I took a walk at around 4am after listening to Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind in it's entirety. (Note there are two discs.)



[SWANS]

I dropped 2/3 of my netflix in the mailbox a few blocks from my houses and decided to explore the plaza a bit. At four am, walking down my st, the lighting is pretty surreal. Towards the end of the st. there's a parking lot for an apt. building receding back from the sidewlk w/ bright suburb porch lights high on sticks, floating above the pointed wooden fence boards. Left, higher & surrounding is the sky, starting to get lighter, a faded navy/slight cerulean blue that's pretty sharp. And in front of me, I'm walking towards the plaza w/ yellowrange bug bulb spot lights shining up at the bldg's marbled columns. The lighting is almost as bright as daylight sun, shining up fr the ground coming through trees at me. Very strange combination of the three (not big bro. & the holding co.). I can't really describe.

Continuing up & forward I embarked upon exploring the plaza through a gated entranceway rarely used. It's strange to be in such a huge man-made structure like that alone when it's comptetly deserted 'n dark. Walking alongside high ledges next to which, on the other side, were large green bushes covered in varying darknesses, I thought to myself "Man, if I were a homeless person, I would totally sleep here." (Funny I should think that, because...) I came to some steps and went down them, into a park area. I realized this was the place I had encountered almost four years ago and though not actively looking too hard for it on a seldom if ever basis since, had never found it again. It houses an odd pool w/ weird concrete shapes coming out of the sides, poking passively, & I think its a Vietnam Veteran's memorial. It's a krazy rectangular themd shape, jutting and whatnot w/ a set of steps that lead down into a pool. I've never seen this fountain working, spilling out water, but I did hear a steady stream or urine-esque water dripping fr. where the gushing flood should come. I marveled at it for a minute, then left. The water inside's stagnant, but must have chlorine in it cuz there wasn't any algae.

After turning around and walking a few steps in some way, I stopped ded when I say a homeless dude sleeping sitting up on a bench, head slumped forwrd slightlee, ten ft. in front. It completely scared the shit out of me, surprising my casualness fr walking parks after dark in a wild city. I walked back furtively in the direction from which I came. Luckily, I tread lightly w/ quiet steps.

I got home at 4:30ish, watched Jeopardy (x2) and made french fires or fries, rather, before going to bed at 5:30. Pretty uneventful.


Swirlies - "Wet Naps". I want to play this song on my radio show, but probably won't since I'll have to beep out too much (because the FCC EATS SHIT!!! Yea, what now muthafukkaz?! Fuck yo' rules 'n' regulations!) Anyway, here it is in all it's swirling gloriousness. The whole of Sneaky Flutes and Sneaky Flue Music is alarmingly good, as all the Sneaky Fluters out there aldrdy know. Get yr. hed in the game 'n' check this track out to see what I'm talking about.

I'm going to be posting more stuff in great volumes very shortly. I just got a mediafire accnt, so if any of the mp3s on here go out, let me know 'n' I'll repost 'em on there. A lot of rips (first will be Swirlies' classic WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM), drawings, etc. to come. Stay n00d.


P.S. Special thanks to Joel for introducing me to Swans a few years ago!!

No comments:

Post a Comment