September 9, 2009

Catapult - S/t 12"



Released in 1997 (maybe '96?) by Blackbean & Placenta Tape Club. I found this on ebay while looking at a bunch of BB&P stuff and decided to drop $3 (total) on it. I'm glad I did!

Awesome & fun shoegazey rock w/ some heavy organ and intense pop hooks going on. Fans of the rarely used lock groove (props!). They were also Albany, NY natives!! They've got a similar sound to the Swirlies combined with subtle hints of Rockets & Bluelights (At least in my mind. Maybe I'm making that up since they too were from Albany? More on them later...)

I've got a 7" and a cd (plus one comp. song) by them that I will upload in the near future, but if anyone has any info on this band or can hook me up with their other 7" (on Rotary 10 Records), I would be ecstatic!


Tracks:

1.) hummingbird
2.) it has done him in
3.) when it rains it pours
4.) shores of normandy

4 comments:

  1. this was my band. I'm amazed you have this record. There was 400 pressed, tops. thanks for posting. I have the DAT master for everything which will sound much better than the vinyl masters, just trying to find a DAT deck. Did you get the cd lp too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Architecture of a Year, right? I haven't checked that one out as thoroughly, but I was into it as well. What's the deal with the 7" that doesn't have "Blue is the Color of..." on it? I still need to track that one down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://rapidshare.com/files/349604694/architecture.zip.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://theblackenedair.blogspot.com/2010/12/catapult-blue-is-color-of.html

    ReplyDelete